Rain, hail, or shine – we never quite know what the weather gods are going to serve up when it comes to camping, so it always pays to be extra prepared! And, with Byron Bay Blues Festival fast approaching, we thought we’d give you a little help in the packing department.
Whether it be gumboots, or an extra poncho, it’s often the items you take for granted that you wish you had when the heavens decide to open.
Get your pen and pad at the ready, this is our list of ‘must-take, like, don’t leave the house without’ items that you will be glad you had on your next camping festival adventure.
- Sunscreen + insect repellent. A dual formula conserves packing space. Get some here.
- Sunglasses – preferably cheap ones or at least a back up pair
- First aid kit containing the essentials: panadol, berocca, bandaids
- Baby wipes
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrush + toothpaste
- Dry Shampoo
- Mattress (and pump if it’s a blow up)
- Sleeping bag
- Solar camping shower – believe us, this is gold
- A rug to sit on
- Lip Balm
- Camera + battery + memory
- A poncho a day (yes, they get ruined, so if it rains a lot so you will need more than 1)
- Hand sanitizer